Terms and Conditions
Downton Cuckoo Fair -2017
- Bookings are only accepted on a signed and dated official application form. Please also include brief details of the goods sold / your stall on your booking form.
- Included in the price is the provision of ONE free car park pass for ONE vehicle per booking in the exhibitors’ car park. Car park pass, map and stall location will be sent to you in early April.
- Payment in full must be enclosed with the application. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
- Traditional Space is 8’ frontage x 8’ deep (Stalls in the marquees are now 3m frontage x 2.5m deep. Maxi spaces available in yellow, orange, green and purple zones are 3m x3m). Your entire stall must fit within this area. Standard space in Memorial Gardens and Produce Market is 3m x 3m. Your entire stall must fit within the area requested on your booking form.
- Parking is NOT permitted behind stalls. All vehicles must be removed to stallholders parking site or any other official parking site. Parking for one vehicle is permitted behind stalls in Memorial Gardens.
- Goods sold and the manner of selling must, in the opinion of the Organisers, be conducive to the event. The Organisers reserve the right to reject stall applications if they consider the stall or the goods/services offered are unsuitable for the event, or there are already too many stalls of the same type.
- Stall Cancellation must be in writing. For cancellations more than 28 days before the event, the booking fee will be returned minus an admin fee of £10.00, provided the stall can be re-let. No refunds will be given after that date.
- Event Cancellation: In the unlikely event that the event has to be cancelled, no refunds will be given. The organisers will not be liable for any other expenses due to event cancellation.
- Electricity: Apart from Ice Cream vendors, no generators or engines are permitted in The Borough. Electricity is NOT available at the fair (except Purple Marquee stalls 51 - 63 only ~ cost £10). In Memorial Gardens and Produce Market silent generators and engines are permitted. You must have an appropriately sized working fire extinguisher available at your stall.
- BBQ's & LPG: Charcoal is not permitted. Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) is allowed, however, you must provide the organisers with up to date safety certificate by 1st April, 2017 and you must have an appropriately sized working fire extinguisher at your stall during the event. Solid fuel for forge is permitted in Memorial Gardens only.
- Liability: Although the organisers hold public liability insurance, no responsibility is accepted for loss howsoever caused, including earnings, theft, damage, power failure, bad weather, event cancellation etc. You must have your own Public Liability Insurance. The organisers maintain the right to recover from you any costs incurred by them should you be legally liable for any claim or part of a claim in conjunction with the event. It is also your responsibility to ensure that the goods you offer for sale are fit for the purpose that you sell them, and that your stand and display are safe.
- Insurance: In the case of fun fair / amusements or where working machinery is involved, a copy of the insurance certificate must be made available to the organisers by 1st April, 2017.
- Health and Safety: You are NOT permitted to sell goods from the rear of your stall, (onto the road). Please do not encroach onto the walkways. Fire exits and doors must not be obstructed. Organisers of fairground/amusement activities and caterers/food stalls must take responsibility for health and safety and abide by the appropriate regulations and codes of practice. Copies of ADIP and PiPA certificates must be made available to the organisers by 1st April, 2017. Every effort should be made to safeguard against "damage to" or "theft of " articles such as shoes and clothing left in their charge.
- Fair Opening Times: Exhibitors must be ready to sell by 10.00am, and must not start breaking down until the fair ends at 4:30pm. Your stall must be vacated by 5:30pm, and left in a clean and tidy condition. Exhibitors must also remove their own rubbish.
- Showman’s Guild: You agree that this booking in no way grants you Showman's Guild Rights to the fair.
- Licensing Act 2003: This Act is now in force. By signing this application form you agree and accept that the responsibility for ensuring that you apply for any licenses required under the Act is yours. You agree to obtain all licenses required for the operation of your stall, and you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of any licenses during the event. You further agree to indemnify Downton Cuckoo Fair Limited and it’s Committee, Officers, and Organisers against all claims, losses, penalties, fines and costs that may be incurred as a result of your failure to comply with this condition, and to pay to Downton Cuckoo Fair Limited any such sums on demand.
Stallholders and Booking
Downton Cuckoo Fair
Traditional Outside: 8’ x 8' Stall - £60
(will fit a gazebo up to 2.5m)
Maxi Outside: 3m x 3m Stall - £75
(will fit a gazebo up to 3m)
Marquee: 10’ x 8' Stall - £122
Commercial Catering - £300
All marquee stalls are 3m wide x 2.5m deep. Traditional stalls in green, blue and purple zones are 8' wide x 8' deep and can fit a 2.5m x 2.5m gazebo. Maxi stalls in orange, green, yellow and purple zones are 3m x 3m gazebo size. Trestle tables are available to hire at £6 each.
Last years stallholders receive priority booking. Application forms are sent to those exhibitors we would like to invite back in November, and must be returned by the end of the year to guarantee a place.
IMPORTANT: Please see our terms and conditions.
- New applicants are welcome, however, we already have a long waiting list.
Rural craft demonstrators are particularly welcome.
- Commercial catering are severely restricted as we prioritise fundraisers for local good causes.
- All stallholders MUST hold their own Public Liability Insurance - proof will be required.
- All stallholders selling alcohol must hold appropriate licences.
- All stallholders must agree to our terms and conditions.
- Those applicants who compliment the large selection of existing crafts will be contacted in the new year.
- If you would like to be considered for an application form, please write or email with the following information.
- Name, Company, Organisation, Address, Postcode, Telephone, Website, a description of what you do / sell, and any other relevant information. We do not accept telephone applications.
Contact us at the address below
Downton Cuckoo Fair Ltd,
51 The Borough,
Tel. 07748 992594